Join us for short and intermediate courses in the Kendall Lake area. We start at Pine Hollow, off of Quick Road for a new start / finish location. Bring your running shoes (with cleats, perhaps!), and get ready to stretch those legs!
The Kendall Lake area features rolling hills, with plenty of vistas, up and downs, and is a great place for orienteering. Fred Mailey is designing a few different courses, and you’ll be able to run one of all – your choice. Most of them will be quick, and will let you sample various levels of technical orienteering, along with our usual beginner to advanced levels. However, most of the courses will be shorter than normal, so a good time to explore as much as you want.
Date & Time & Event Fee
- Sunday April 2, 2017
- Registration starts at 11:30 AM.
- First start at 12 PM Noon. Last start at 1 PM.
- Standard fee – Members: $5.00 Nonmembers: $10.00 (cash only at the event, please!)
Our club charges a nominal fee for events. The fees mainly cover the cost of printing the maps and the upkeep of the club’s supplies, and for developing new maps. Special events may have additional fees. Fees listed are for a single person orienteering alone or a group orienteering together using a single map. Additional maps can be purchased from the registrar for $3, if sufficient supply is available.
Pine Hollow Trailhead
5465 Quick Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264
- MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/Vh9386jJ1XQ2
- Parking: Plenty of parking by the trailhead.
- Look for signs to registration area, etc.
- Event Director – KJ Rufener
- Course Design – Fred Mailey
- Registration – Bob Turanchik
- Greeter – Marcia Mauter
- Control Setter – Howard Montgomery (we could always use help picking up, too!)
Short & Intermediate Courses Available – come stretch your legs!
There will be courses from WHITE (beginner & short) to RED (advanced & long) and a few in between. Fred, the course designer, has designed courses for this event that are a little shorter in general, and many club members plan on running more than one. Why not work your way up?