The Foot-O was held at Camp Tuscazoar on a hot Sunday afternoon on June 26. The Foot-O event started around 1 pm after the Mountain Bike Orienteers finished. 13 single/team participants attempted the Yellow, Orange, Green, Red and Brown courses. A Hotdog lunch with fixings and NEOOC screen printing was available at the camp. Since this was the first MountainBike-O / Foot-O with a remote finish, our volunteers had to serve in multiple rolls. Thank you to all that volunteered to make this event successful.
- Randy Mitchell – Foot-O Designer
- Ivan Redinger – multiple jobs and overall camp liaison
- Bob Boltz – MTBO Designer and control-setter
- Tim McKee – control setter and weed wacker
- Sanae Rogers & Scouts Nicholas Leanze, Bradley and Derek Burk – timer & starter
- Tim Feaser – Event Director
- Nancy Schoenbaum – world’s best hot dogs & fixins!
- Neil Dolinger, Steve Wells, Randy Mitchell, Fred Mailey – Control Collectors
Controls 42 and 41 were very challenging to find especially for the Yellow course Orienteers due to the myriad of foot and mountain bike trails in the area.
Red Course: 15 controls 6 km 1 Todd Pownell 99:58 Bob Turanchik DNF Green Course: 10 controls 4.2 km 1 Matthew Johnson 152:07 Jeff-Alex Perry DNF Brown Course: 8 controls 2.5 km 1 Neil Dolinger 64:21 Orange Course: 14 controls 3.3 km 1 Cory-Bethany Wilson 92:18 2 Steve-Oliva Johnson 100:28 3 Sanae Rogers 110:26 4 KJ Refener 123:43 Frank-Wes Mahne DNF Yellow Course: 10 controls 2.5 km Chuck St.John DNF Fran Kern DNF John-Michelle Sullivan DNF Scouts Leanza-Burk-Burk DNF Kim-Love Ottobre DNF Cathy Winters DNF