Join us at Camp Mantoc for classic orienteering as well as night orienteering later in the same day.
Camp Manatoc offers gently rolling landscapes, with plenty of reentrants, a dense trail system, and a few lakes and creek systems. It’s a great place to learn more about orienteering, or building speed for current skills.
The daylight courses, starting at 11:30 AM, include WHITE, YELLOW, ORANGE, GREEN, and RED. All courses run throughout the beautiful campus of Camp Manatoc, and may go into Camp Butler to the north, depending on course.
The Night Orienteering registration starts at 6:30 PM, and is only $3, and will feature a SCORE format (with 20 controls, and a maximum time limit of 45 minutes). A headlamp is advised, as it will likely be, or become dark shortly after start. Mass start at 7:15 PM.
Enter via main gate, or the service drive.
REGISTRATION & FEES
Registration starts at 11:30 AM for the public. Boy and Girl Scouts will be on-site for orienteering on the same courses as well. Last start on Daylight courses are 1:30 PM.
- NEOOC Member – $5
- Non-Member – $10
- Extra map – $3
- Night Orienteering SPECIAL – $3
- NEOOC Annual Membership – $20 (which gives you free orienteering at this event!)
Cash only at the event, please.
- Event Director – Ivan Redinger
- Course Designer | Day Courses – Howard Montgomery
- Course Designer | Night Course – Bob Boltz
- Timer – Karen Steckner
- Multi-Talent – KJ Rufener
- Instruction / As Needed – Andreas Johansson & Howard Montgomery